2022 Submissions are OPEN
Championship belts for Best film, Best script, Best film score and Viewers Choice award.
All submissions include a VIP 4-day event pass, whether selected or not.
You do not have to be present at the festival, although special awards are given to winners who attend! Non-attending winners will receive an e-mailed certificate after the festival.
Winners will be networked with the film business for one year. We also send winners job leads as often as possible.
EARLY SUBMISSIONS ARE ACCEPTED UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST, 2021.
STANDARD SUBMISSIONS ARE ACCEPTED UNTIL APRIL 1ST, 2022.
How to submit for The 2022 Horror Hotel:
1) Download trailer and registration form here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19sgOvVPH_E6-Qg1qXMBub3RSMp9g-Ff5?usp=sharing.
2) Score entire trailer
3) Send an unlisted YouTube or private Vimeo link to horrorhotelfest(at)gmail(dot)com, with score & trailer combined, no later than December 31, 2021 for earlybird deadline or no later than April 1, 2022 for final submission deadline. Include PayPal receipt and registration form. All submission materials must be received AT THE SAME TIME.
You may also send registration form, and a check or money order via mail to address on form.
*Submit to our partner festival The Indie Gathering and get $5 off each submission.*
*The final deadline is June 1, 2022 for The Indie Gathering.*
1) Submitting early ensures a review process that will let you know if you need to resubmit your clip. Resubmissions due to technical issues will not incur a separate registration fee. Files must be mailed on DVD or sent as a link via e-
2) Entries are to be completed by ONE composer. We no longer accept team submissions.
3) Every composer can only submit one score for consideration.
4) Score material must be original and submitter must own all rights to the piece of music.
Composer bears responsibility for any liabilities arising from copyright infringement.
5) Competitors are not to contact the filmmaker or production company responsible for the competition trailer while submissions are open.
6) Winners will be announced before the festival, and awards are presented at The Horror Hotel award ceremony.
7) Each submission, whether selected for award placement or not, will receive one VIP 4-
8) Any entries that are found to violate copyrights, contain offensive material, and/or do not abide to the timing rules and other guidelines will be disqualified from the competition.
9) Judges and final scores will not be released.
10) All composers are invited to participate regardless of musical background. International participation is also encouraged.
11) Once submitted, there are no refunds; however, a composer may still withdraw his/her entry from the competition.
12) Entering the competition does not guarantee you any award or placement. Only entries that reach a specific score in judging qualify for an award.
2020 Award Winners
FILM SCORING: TOP TEN
1. Markus Martincic
2. Mauricio Ribeiro
3. Darko Pavor
4. Ricardo Raymundo
5. Stefano Panizzo
6. Alex ander John McMillan
7. Manuel Parrilla Sanchez
8. Rob Johnson
9. Eric A. Cook
10. Vannick Eymery
FILM SCORING: HONORABLE MENTIONS
Manuel A. Melero-